Donald Cant Watts Corke (DCWC)
The development site of Melbourne Polytechnic Collingwood campus is located at 20 Otter Street Collingwood. The development will provide new and refurbished facilities and improved amenities facilities meeting current standards for the delivery of higher education services for the diverse needs of the local community.
The project consists of the refurbishment of the existing 8 level building of approximately 10,276 m2 through extensive fit-out work, minimal remedial external works, Level 3 terrace plus demolition and making good of the television studio wing.
The scope includes:
- Construction of a new entrance annex building on Otter Street
- Refurbishment and fit out of existing Building A of approximately 10,200 m2 , an 8-level building including rooftop plant room (level 8)
- Extensive fit-out for levels 1-5
- Part of Level 1 is a tenancy cold shell fit-out with access to the other educational facilities on Level 1.
- Level 6 is a cold shell fit-out for a future tenancy
- Level 7 is a cold shell fit-out for a future tenancy
- Level 8 has re-tanking of external areas and a new plant installed in the refurbished plant room
- The fit out works includes educational spaces for a range of technology-related, creative arts and foundation studies, student amenities and support services and staff accommodation for Melbourne Polytechnic.
- Cold shell fit-out works for future expansion to accommodate partner organisations; or further educational space expansion.
- Replacement of building plant and services infrastructure to the site.
- Demolition of the existing TV studio pod extension (not universally accessible) and associated external stairs at the northern façade allowing for a new welcoming address at Perry Street and generally a more open and safe Perry Street frontage.
- Refurbishment of terraces at Level 3 plus landscaping works, which provides for an indigenous cultural garden area at the northern part of the site providing improved amenities for all building users.